The UK’s no. 3 gin brand, Greenall’s Gin, has announced that it will be rolling out price-marked packs (PMPs) for its best-selling Greenall’s Wild Berry Pink Gin across the UK convenience channel from November, with the new packs available for the special price of £15.99.
Through the introduction of the new packs, Greenall’s aims to build trust amongst shoppers and ultimately drive repeat purchase in the convenience sector – in line with recent IRI data that found PMPs boost repeat sales in gin by 33%.
The introduction of PMPs on Greenall’s Wild Berry Pink Gin follows a successful year for the brand in the UK, which saw sales of its pink variant double in the off-trade as the brand’s ‘zero-sugar’ message landed, following a nationwide OOH and digital campaign.
With shoppers’ love affair with pink gin continuing – with flavoured gin driving 93% of gin category growth, Greenall’s Wild Berry Pink Gin is set to be a winner this Christmas thanks to PMPs, as well as increasing awareness of its zero-sugar status and great taste.
Simone Thomas, Route to Market Business Unit Director, at brand owner, Quintessential Brands, comments: “Value for money plays a big role in consumers’ shopping decisions and PMPs ensure that consumers know they are getting a good deal. This is increasingly important for Greenall’s, particularly in the crowded flavoured gin category, as it allows the brand to stand out from other competitors on shelf. Following on from Greenall’s recent zero-sugar campaign, which highlighted the brand’s USP as one of the only flavoured gins to contain zero sugar, we’re confident that Greenall’s Wild Berry Pink Gin will be in demand across the UK this Christmas.”
To support the launch of the Greenall’s Wild Berry Pink Gin PMPs, the brand is holding a competition for convenience store owners and employees, giving them the chance to win £1,000 of Love2Shop vouchers. To win, entrants simply have to follow @Greenallsgin on Instagram and post an image of the Greenall’s Wild Berry Gin price marked display in-store using the hashtag #greenallspink. The competition will run from 22nd November until 31st January 2020. T&Cs apply*.
– ENDS –
For more information, please contact the communications team at Quintessential Brands by e-mail [email protected]
NOTES TO EDITOR
*COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Giveaway will take place from 22.11.2019 until 23:59, 31.01.2020 (“the Promotional Period”).
- Participants can enter the Giveaway by following Greenall’s Gin on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/greenallsgin/?hl=en) and posting an image using the hashtag #greenallspink of the Greenall’s Wild Berry price marked display in-store including at least one image of the Greenall’s Wild Berry 70cl price marked £15.99.
- The Organiser is making the Giveaway available to employees of retail owned stores over the age of 18, being the legal drinking age in the United Kingdom. Internet access and an Instagram account is required to participate.
- Participation in the Giveaway is free of charge [however participants must purchase at least one 70cl Greenall’s Wild Berry price marked pack (PMP)].
- The winner of the Giveaway will win a Prize. One participant only will win the Prize (as defined below). The Prize is £1,000 worth of Love2Shop vouchers issued in the form of an e-gift card.
- The winner is the person selected to win the Prize and the selection criteria is based on prominence of the product in store (according to the image provided) as well as creativity, originality and stand-out of the display (“the Winner”).
Source: IRI Convenience GB – 52we 14th July 2019 – Gin
Source: IRI Marketplace – 52we 8th September 2019
Source: IRI Convenience GB – 52we 14th July 2019 – Gin
For more information, please contact the communications team at Quintessential Brands by e-mail: [email protected]
ABOUT QUINTESSENTIAL BRANDS GROUP
Quintessential Brands is an award-winning international spirits company, dedicated to distilling and crafting the world’s best alcohol brands for consumers and customers globally. Pioneering spirits of the industry, inspired since 1761 by their founder, Thomas Dakin, Quintessential Brands Group delivers a diverse portfolio of award-winning, best-selling spirits with unrivalled heritage and craftsmanship.
Founded in 2011 by Enzo Visone, former CEO of Gruppo Campari, and entrepreneur, Warren Scott, Quintessential Brands Group owns world-class manufacturing facilities across Europe, including G&J Distillers, the world’s oldest continuous gin distillers, in Cheshire, UK; L&L in France, a leading manufacturer of fruit spirits and liqueurs; Irish Cream artisan producers, First Ireland Spirits; and the Dublin Liberties Distillery, which opened in 2019. Renowned for its white spirits expertise at G&J Distillers, Quintessential Brands has won International Spirit Challenge Gin Producer of the Year three times and is fast winning a reputation as one of the most exciting new Irish whiskey producers to emerge on the scene.
Quintessential Brands’ award-winning premium brands portfolio includes Greenall’s The Original Handcrafted Gin, BLOOM London Dry Gin, Thomas Dakin Small Batch Gin, Berkeley Square London Dry Gin, and Opihr Gin. Its Irish brands include The Dubliner Irish Whiskey, The Dublin Liberties Irish Whiskey, The Dead Rabbit Irish Whiskey, Feeney’s Irish Cream Liqueur and O’Mara’s Irish Country Cream. iqueurs in the portfolio include Alizé and Toussaint Coffee Rum Liqueur. The company is also a leader in contract bottling and own label & private label spirits, working with retail partners across the world to provide spirits solutions of unrivalled quality.