It is finally time for London Cocktail Week – the biggest, most vibrant celebration of the capital’s cocktail scene, and the biggest event of its kind in the world! Kicking off Monday 1st October, Quintessential Brands joins in on the action with a jam-packed week of activities ahead for its brands – from berry crushing and taproom takeovers, to chocolate and gin tastings, and even a bartender competition.
With a Cocktail Village at its heart in East London, the event expands all over London – from Clapham to Clerkenwell, and all London boroughs in between. It is the ultimate week for those who either love cocktails or work in the industry, here is where you can find us to join in on the action:
Greenall’s London Dry Gin
- Join our Greenall’s Wild Berry Squeeze experience where we are inviting consumers to come along, pull on a pair of wellies, and press their own berries to make a bespoke Greenall’s Wild Berry Squeeze cocktail!
- The experience will be located in the Cocktail Village (Boiler house, Truman Brewery, Brick Lane) from Wednesday 3rd October – Sunday 7th October for wristband holders only
- During the week we will be organising ‘head to head’ juice-battles, a.k.a ‘squish-offs’, for trade and customers, with our Schweppes partners and Quintessential Brands colleagues
The Dead Rabbit Irish Whiskey
- The Dead Rabbit Irish Whiskey is partnering with the legendary Sun Tavern in Bethnal Green
- The exclusive Dead Rabbit Irish Whiskey cocktail, ‘Lone Star’, will be available for the whole week at £6
- Tuesday 2nd October sees our “Dead Rabbit x Dead Rabbit Irish Whiskey x Taproom Takeover” from 6pm – 1am. For one night only, Anna Kremen, Jessica Friedman, Genesis Cruz, and Jillian Vose will fly in from The Dead Rabbit Grocery & Grog in New York City to serve up a specially created menu of Dead Rabbit Irish Whiskey cocktails
Thomas Dakin Small Batch Craft Gin
- As the official ‘Master of Gin’ and recent winner of the World’s best London Dry Gin, Thomas Dakin is partnering with top-end cocktail bar, Map Maison, in fashionable Haggerston, hosting a daily gin and chocolate pairing masterclass in collaboration with Manchester’s own Master Chocolatier Jessica O’Keeffe of ‘In Truffle We Trust’. The daily sessions will run from Monday 1st October to Friday 5th October @ 6.30pm and on Saturday 6th at 1pm
- On the afternoon of Wednesday 3rd October, we are celebrating our new partnership with Brompton bikes by taking some of our favourite UK bartenders on a “Tour de Hackney” – the guys will bike down London’s Regents Canal from Haggerston to Hackney Wick, with a visit to a local brewery with some local history thrown in for good measure
- On the Wednesday 3rd October in the evening we are running Thomas Dakin’s cocktail competition, The Concoction Shakedown! Bartenders have been invited from around the UK to go head to head in our high-energy cocktail competition where each bartender is given different ingredients in a ‘mystery box’ and then asked to create a cocktail there and then for the assembled crowd and judges
London Cocktail Week sees more than 300 cherry-picked bars, brands and venues, bring the drinks trade and consumers alike the very best drinks offerings from around the capital. Most of the action is centred around the London Cocktail Week Village within the Truman Brewery, open from 12 noon – 11.00pm each day, closing at 7pm on Sunday.